Packet pick-up/race registration will be on Friday, July 19th at Ski Haus from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Late Packet Pick-up will be available Saturday, July 20th at the start from 6:30-7:30 am.
The rides start, end, and the end of ride BBQ are at the Little Toots Park located 12th and Yampa. The Rides start promptly at 7am.
SAG Support and Medical information
Support vehicles will be roaming the routes. Look for the event vehicles in case you need help. An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) will riding the Tour de Steamboat route and a second EMT will be in a support vehicle. If you need help at anytime, please let our volunteers know at an aid station or on the route via support vehicles. Routes 2-4 all have good cell service along the entire routes, please call 911 in the event of an emergency.
Aid Station Information (Please be aware of all aid station cut-off times).
Aid stations will be stocked with the following items:
Honey Stinger products
GU electrolyte brew
Fruit (bananas, watermelon, oranges etc)
M and M’s
In addition Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches will be available at the top of Gore Pass for the Tour de Steamboat route # 1
Please be prepared to complete basic bike maintenance, i.e. change a flat, tighten a bolt etc. A mechanic will be stationed at the top of Gore Pass (Aid Station # 3 – Tour de Steamboat route # 1)
For the entire event there is very limited street parking. Please park at home or your hotel and ride to the start. Parking is available at the Howelson Hill parking lot; walk over the core trail bridge to 12th and Yampa. No parking is available on Yampa Street or 12th street due to street closure. You may also park at the Steamboat Springs Transit Center and ride the bike path to the start.
Rules of the Event
- As a participant you are required to obey all Colorado traffic laws and rules of the road
- This is not a race; rather it is a self paced ride. Cut-off times will be strictly enforced. The Finish line officially closes at 6:30 PM. We will be doing a sweep of the course in addition to helping out riders who do not make a cut off time.
- ANSI and/or SNELL approved helmets are required for all riders.
- You will need to show your event bib number to use the aid stations and at the BBQ. (Tickets will be issued for additional meals and guests).
- Please make sure both you and your bike are ready to cover the full distanced of this ride.
- Support will be there for emergencies and assistance.
- Please be courteous and leave your private support vehicles in town. We offer support and aid stations so we can all ride with minimal traffic.